Prayer and Praise Report - Pandemic to Present
1. David came to live with us. He is a 15-year-old boy who has had been abandoned by his parents and raised in various foster homes and institutions. We are seeing God continue to work in his heart and to teach us how to raise yet another child for His glory.
2. Online ministry is bearing fruit. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been learning and improving our livestream and online ministry using Facebook, YouTube and Zoom for both the church and the Bible college. We are in no way experts at online ministry, but yet we continue to gain more followers from many different areas of Romania and even other countries.
3. New improvements are being made during shutdown. We have been able to refinish the Sunday School rooms and church apartment by putting in thermal pane windows and new paint and flooring. Soon we hope to have all these rooms in use again. We also enclosed the driveway so that we can provide more room for social distancing during our church services, and we are ministering in 3 languages every week.
4. Property development approvals have been received from city. We finally received authorizations for a driveway entrance and for the removal of the old structure on the adjacent church property, which will allow us to make an off-street parking and extra outdoor activity space.
5. Increased student enrollment at The Baptist College International. We nearly doubled the number of students this year and also gained a new professor, Brother Brian Nibbe, Jr, who along with his family are ministering with us in Timisoara. We have been able to conduct regular classes on campus, while also including some off-campus students via Google Meet. We are currently on winter break until February, and we hope to have a graduation ceremony this Spring for one of our students from our church in Timisoara.
6. Our family has been blessed.
Four of our
adult children are living in the USA at present: Camy is living with Darci and
her family in Connecticut, Rebekah’s family is still in Arkansas (and passed
through quarantine for COVID this month), John’s family has grown with the birth
of William on August 30th. They will be moving on to a new ministry
soon. “I have no greater joy than to hear that my
children walk in truth.”
3 John 4
7. Home improvement for returning family – Another benefit of the lockdown was the opportunity to remodel our large attic into an apartment for our daughter and son-in-law, Bethany & Allex, to move back to Romania from England. They were able to come just before all travel from England was restricted, and we are so grateful to have them home!
8. New lives impacted for Christ! The most important and exciting part of this year is the new lives impacted by the Gospel of Christ and the ministry of the Local Church. Melinda, a teenager, was saved earlier this Fall and continues to grow, and her mother has also attended our services a few times. Simona became an adult member of our church this summer and her unsaved husband (an Italian student) has attended services a couple of times. Also, recently 2 other students (Curtley from St. Vincent Island in the Caribbean and Iuba from Guinea, West Africa) found our church via Facebook and began attending. Curt is saved, but Iuba is not. Please pray for these and others with whom the Lord is working.
So, as we conclude the year
2020, we want to again express our gratitude for your prayers and support. Thank you also for your patience with us
between reports. If you wish to view more
information, please write to us or review our Facebook links:
Tyler Romania Ministries — https://www.facebook.com/tylers2ro
The Baptist College International — https://www.facebook.com/tbci.eu
Timișoara Baptist Church — https://www.facebook.com/BBLTIM
Your servants in Christ,
"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;
and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:5
Sent by: Lancaster Baptist Church
Dr. Paul Chappell, pastor
Sent by: Lancaster Baptist Church
Assisted by: BIMI
-Missionary # 1258
P.O. Box 9, Harrison, TN 37341